Discover Siena and the territory around us
Podere I Monti: Surroundings
The favourable location of Farmhouse I Monti allows visitors to easily access numerous cities of art:
– San Gimignano with its beautiful towers;
– Volterra famous for its alabaster artistry;
– Siena with its Palio (horse race) 02 July and 16 August;
– Florence and its museums and monuments;
– Massa Marittima with its giant archery competition in May and August and museum archeomine and beautiful town;
– The nearby Abbey of San Galgano with its numerous events in July and August.
The nearest Medieval villages: Montieri, Chiusdino, Tatti, Montemassi with its famous Castle, Sassofortino and the ancient Sassoforte Castle, Roccatederighi. Alternatively, guests can easily access the Maremman coastline where the long beaches, shady pine groves and clear blue sea make Follonica and Castiglione della Pescaia perfect touristic seaside towns.
For adventure lovers, explore the Parchi e Natural Reserve of Cornate-Fosini or the Accesa Lake near Massa Marittima or the Park “Biancane” in Monterotondo Marittimo with moonscapes, or even visit a mine: in fact, the farmhouse is part of the UNESCO-protected Tuscan Mining Geopark.
Furthermore, the hot springs of Petriolo (Monticiano about drive for 45′), il Calidario (Venturina about drive for 45′).